Many young children have an interest in yarn before they're old enough to learn crochet or knitting; however, they're still able to join in the yarny fun! Here are ten of the cutest yarn crafts that don't involve any knitting needles or crochet hooks.
Pin this HERE or use the image above.
1. Craft Stick Yarn Dolls on Happy Hooligans. A perfect way to use up odds and ends that are a little bit too short for a larger project.
2. Paper Plate Jellyfish on NonToy Gifts. I've made these a few times with a group of preschoolers and it's always been a huge hit!
3. Woven Craft Stick Butterflies on The Craft Train. These are simply adorable. I imagine that even a few older kids might want to make some as well.
4. Weaving with Kids on Art Bar. I love how colorful these are! A wall hanging that any child or parent would be proud of.
5. Dream Catchers on Fun 365. Dream catchers are ever popular and this very detailed tutorial will help your kiddos make one of there own.
6. Braided Yarn Dolls on The Craft Train. This one is a little more suited for older children. However, it was too cute and creative to leave out.
7. Cardboard Role Knitting on Repeat Crafter Me. I've taught multiple children how to do this. It's fast and very easy to use.
8. Yarn Monsters on Blue Bear Wood. These monsters aren't scary at all!
9. Baby Turtles on Pink Stripey Socks. This adorable variation on the God's Eye is sure to be a hit with kids both big and little.
10. Yarn Wrapped Bookmarks on The Best Ideas for Kids. Just because it's summer doesn't mean you shouldn't read. Make reading time fun with handmade bookmarks.
And that does it! If you're interested in even more Kids' Crafts, definitely check out my Pinterest Board HERE. Happy making!